It is a known fact that food rich in protein is very important to us. Protein is essential for building, maintaining, and repairing the tissues in our body
Below are 7 reasons to eat more protein
1. More Intake of Protein Helps to Reduce Weight and Belly Fat: Food rich in protein helps to boost metabolism and leads to an automatic reduction in calorie intake and cravings. An increase in protein intake would lead to loss of weight. If you want to keep off excess weight, consider making a permanent increase in your protein intake. If you need to lose weight or belly fat consider replacing some of your carbs and fats with protein. It can be as simple as making your potato or rice serving smaller while adding a few extra bites of meat or fish.
2. Protein Boosts Metabolism and Increases Fat Burning: Eating can boost your metabolism for a short while, high protein intake has been shown to significantly boost metabolism and increase the number of calories you burn.
3. It Helps Repair Injuries: When you take more protein, it helps you to recover faster from injury sustained. Protein contain nutrients that form the building block of the body’s organ and tissue, this is why your body can speed up recovery by getting more protein.
4. It Helps To Boost The Immune System: The Immune system releases antibodies that respond to any viral or bacterial infection in the body. These antibodies are made of protein and when taken insufficiently, your immune system may fail to resist viruses and bacteria. Also, note that most protein sources also contain many other nutrients such as magnesium and zinc that also helps improve your immune system.
5. Reduces Craving and Hunger Levels: Protein falls among the three major macronutrients (fats, carbs, and protein) which affect your body in different ways. Protein is by far the most filling and reduces hunger and cravings. It also boosts the levels of peptide, a hormone that makes you feel full.
6. Reduces Cravings and Desire for Late-Night Snacking: Food craving is different from normal hunger which is usually difficult to control. The best way to overcome cravings is to prevent it and one best way to do this is by increasing your intake of protein.
7. It Increases Muscle Mass: More intake of protein helps to increase muscle mass which is a way to keep your weight in check. The building blocks of the muscles require protein; therefore, you need more protein to facilitate this process. Protein is also required to prevent muscle loss when your body is in a catabolic state during weight loss.
At The Meat Mill, we value your health and believe that every family deserves healthy, well-processed, uncontaminated and fresh meat. Hence, we practice Halal and we are committed to getting our meats from the finest and healthiest cattle, well-fed with green vegetables, this helps to reduce the level of cholesterols in them.
At The Meat Mill, every stage of the processing counts, this is why we don’t burn with tyres and other hazardous materials because it is very dangerous to health, but rather we skin our animals with slight burning using the safest means. We butcher at a modern butchery facility well equipped with sterilized tools. We are NAFDAC and HACCP (Food Safety) certified. We are known for healthy and uncontaminated meats and fishes; our deliveries are express.
For enquiries, call +2349022567882 or visit www.themeatmill.com/shop/